General dentistry deals with the treatment of all types of common oral conditions. Dentists who specialize in the treatment of several types of dental issues are called general dentists. General dentists would be able to address almost all your oral concerns just like a general physician who treats all the common health concerns.
What treatments do general dentists offer?
- Routine consultations: The major advantage of choosing a general dentist is that you can visit them for routine consultations. This would be especially helpful for you to get the cleanings done on a regular basis. The tartar deposits that could be deposited on your teeth can be removed to prevent cavities and gum diseases.
- Fillings: Cavities are one of the most common dental concerns among individuals of all the groups. The best way to restore a tooth infected by cavities is by applying a tooth-colored filling to it. This helps to restore the aesthetics of the tooth along with preventing the spread of the decay.
- Restorations: Tooth-colored ceramic restorations are being used widely by dentists for a long time now. Ceramic restorations can be customized to perfectly match the appearance of natural teeth, which prevents easy detection. Some of the commonly used ceramic restorations are crowns, bridges, veneers, implants, etc.
- Teeth replacement: Replacing the missing teeth with prosthetic ones is highly important. Otherwise, it could lead to symptoms such as drifting of teeth, loosening of the remaining teeth from their sockets, difficulty in biting and chewing food, and most importantly, displeasing aesthetics of one's smile. We offer teeth restorations in the form of dental bridges, implants, and dentures.
- Whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the most widely performed cosmetic dental procedures. It is used to improve the color of teeth when they have turned dull or become discolored due to consuming colored foods, improper brushing, etc. We use a whitening gel that is rich in Hydrogen Peroxide for the purpose.
- Pediatric dentistry: Treating young patients is something only a few dentists can do. It requires trained hands and a friendly approach during the treatment. This is the advantage of choosing a general dentist as they would be treating patients of all age groups. When it comes to children, we offer treatments such as cavity prevention, early orthodontic care, and also monitor the growth of their teeth in the early stages.
Call us at (408) 893-2348 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Satbir K. Kahlon and we’ll be able to guide you further.