Cosmetic dentistry is a collective term for treatment procedures that are particularly aimed at enhancing the appearance of one's smile. How good a person's smile looks is just as important as their state of oral health. We understand this aspect, which is why we give equal importance to both. In fact, we ensure all our patients leave our practice with a very happy and beautiful-looking smile.
Popular Cosmetic Dental Procedures
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the most widely preferred dental procedures that is used to improve the aesthetics of one's smile. We offer various types of whitening, such as customized tray teeth whitening, conventional teeth whitening, and laser teeth whitening. In all the procedures, we would be using teeth whitening gel to remove the stains from the surface of the teeth without altering its structure.
- Veneers: Veneers are ceramic dental appliances that are used to cover the surface imperfections on the teeth surfaces. Teeth that are cracked, chipped, spaced excessively apart from each other, worn out, or discolored can be restored using veneers. They are wafer-thin and are bonded to the frontal surface of the teeth with the help of dental adhesives.
- Dental crowns: Crowns are used to cover teeth in their entirety. They resemble natural teeth in appearance, but are hollow on the inside. They would be placed on teeth that are broken, cracked, excessively worn out, or simply too weak to sustain by themselves and secured firmly in place using dental adhesives. Even upon close observation, no one would have the faintest idea that it is a tooth restoration.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth that are used when patients wish to get their missing teeth restored. Bridges are made from ceramic that can be customized to match the exact appearance of the natural teeth. More importantly, bridges do not require surgery to be bonded in place. They also restore the functionality of the mouth along with the aesthetics of the smile.
- Gum contouring: The appearance of the gums can make or break your smile. Gum diseases such as periodontitis and gingivitis can cause severe decay of the gum tissues and ruin the patient's smile. In such cases, we would suggest treatment options such as gum contouring and gum grafting to restore them to their optional health.
Along with these procedures, there are other cosmetic dental treatments that you can choose from. Some of them are composite bonding, orthodontic treatment to get rid of a malocclusion, jaw surgery, dental implants, dentures, teeth contouring, etc.
Call us at (408) 893-2348 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Satbir K. Kahlon and we’ll be able to guide you further.